You know how much I love shanks. I love how daintily the corsetted woman is holding the shiv.
Monday, March 05, 2012
Ok, I need feedback. I like tumblr. Should I completely switch over or do you want me to still keep extra special posts going on here? I'm thinking that blogspot could be good for some of my trip posts and longer things, but I don't want all my fans to have to keep checking two different spots. Shoot me an e-mail, or comment on this post to let me know your thoughts.
Thursday, March 01, 2012
Thoughts from my First Ballroom Dance Lesson
First, background. Ballroom dance is on my bucket list. So when 4 lessons for $12 near my house, I signed right up. Tonight was my first lesson: beginner waltz and rumba. Here are my thoughts.
- There needs to be some sort of screening process. Old guys who lick their lips and look sketchily into their young partner's eyes should not be allowed in.
- Just because you watch a lot of Dancing with the Stars does not mean you know how to dance. Stop asking about how "rigid" your "frame" should be when you just accidentally kicked your partner in the shin.
- I find it REALLY hard NOT to lead. I am such a better dancer than pretty much all the guys there. Why am I going to let them lead me down shitty dancing street?
Monday, February 20, 2012
Kathleen's Top 10
A couple week's ago Kathleen said she's been kinda sad at not being mentioned more in my blog and would have to do something drunken and ridiculous during Wake Forest Marketing Summit in order to get mentioned in my blog. Well, she exceeded expectations and is getting an ENTIRE blog post all to herself. Here are my Top 10 drunken Kathleen moments from Marketing Summit. Don't forget that I was only in Winston-Salem for about 36 hours, so these are all from ONE SINGLE EVENING.
10) Kathleen: Why didn't you tell me where you were going?
Me: I did. I texted you.
(Kathleen looks at her phone).
Kathleen: And apparently, I responded.
Kathleen's text: A out to leave molleniym
9) Waitress: Here's your tab.
Kathleen: I have a tab? What's on my tab?
8) Kathleen: So...like...dinosaurs...wait...wait..dinosaurs...no...wait...like...dinosaurs.
I have no idea what she was trying to say here because I was laughing so hysterically.
7) She ate the paper that was attached to the chocolates near our places at the gala.
6) She refused to leave the open bar, when the bartender gave us a terrible pour.
5) She repeatedly told me that my chicken looked like a penis.
4) She slapped me and then realizing that no one saw her slap me, decided to repeat it...multiple times.
3) The next morning after telling her that I had just thrown up, I got a text back saying: "Puke and rally." I'm including this in the Drunk Kathleen list since she believes that she may have still been drunk at that point.
2) After eating Cookout at Andy's house, Kathleen fell into his planting bed on her way out. She scratched up her knee and hand. No skirts for her this week!
1) Due to respect for Kathleen...this one will remain blank. But just take my word for it, there is definitely a #1 moment.
I'd like to put in another plug for my tumblr account...jstothephd I can update things here from my smart phone and so things get posted in real time!!
Friday, February 03, 2012
Thursday, February 02, 2012
Wednesday, February 01, 2012
Partially I am blogging to keep from having a major freak out. Long story short, a bunch of my data got screwed up, not really my fault, just not knowing how the stupid survey program works. (AKA who knew that question #1 on the survey would show up as question #5 on data report.) But still I reported incorrect analysis to a prof which makes me feel like I screwed up AND it's like 12 hours of work down the drain...fun...
Anyway, the other reason I'm blogging is because my cousin posted this on facebook today: "well i guess someone finally wants to wife me up...and were so inlove i hate this long distance b.s....i said yes of chorse so i guess ill just take this all one day at a time...n pray hes the one."
This literally make me speechless other than to sarcastically say "Yeah, cause THAT is a good idea." So I will let my friends speak for me. Here are the reactions of various of members of my friends and family.
Amanda1: shut the front door
Danielle: He looks like her pimp. (Danielle actually investigated her on fb)
my dad: OMG I almost pee'd myself reading it. (yes, my dad actually typed OMG...this was my favorite response)
Andy: That's some serious poetry there.
Marcia: oh. my. god.
Meredith: oh geez. did they meet via inmate mail?
Kathleen: wait what no!!! She's engaged! Oh god please tell me you'll be maid of honor or something!
Being a part of this wedding may just eat away at my soul.