Saturday, March 04, 2006


One good thing about being back in PA
Is that I was there for Fasnacht Day. For those of you who did not grow up or ever live in Pennsylvania Dutch land, Fasnacht Day is known as Fat Tuesday or Mardi Gras. But on Fasnacht Day local churches, bakeries, and grocery stores mass produce holeless donuts known as Fasnachts, and they are the BEST!! They kinda look like jelly filled donuts except without the jelly and are covered with granulated sugar. This picture is not of fasnachts, but just regular donuts. My grandmother that we were staying with bought us a dozen and when my family finished those off rapidly, bought another dozen. I think I had 4 of them. For those of you who thought I was going to say, being back in Pennsylvania was great because of all the friends and family that I got to see, I'm afraid you're sadly mistaken.

1 comment:

Marcia said...

you were always obsessed with Fasnacht Day during college, and I'd never heard of it! I forgot about that!