Sunday, August 06, 2006

Urban Striptease

My gym offers a class called Urban Striptease. It's held on Friday mornings, but I normally have to work on Fridays...I had off last Friday. I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't for the teacher to tell us to create a "stripper persona" by thinking of a name and deciding whether we were a "good girl" or a "bad girl." I think the teacher is actually a stripper herself.

The class then learned about a minute and a half stripper routine (part of which is on your knees). And during the class such memorable quotes as "Long hair is an asset" and "Give them what they want" (that was as we were supposed to be writhing and sensually rubbing our chests) and "our goal is to make as much money as we can in a minute and a half."

Keep in mind that this classes is open to women of all ages. So of course you had the slutty 20 somethings that could possibly be/have been strippers, but then there's mom-like people there too.

This post is a little delayed because I was chaperoning at this Girl Scout Event at Raystown Lake over the weekend where I was scarred when the leader's decided to dance to "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" (which could possibly be one of the longest songs ever).

Speaking of scarred, my cousins are officially at Milton Hershey school; hopefully safe from further scarring by their messed up family.

No comments: