Sunday, September 03, 2006

Thoughts on the Game

1) Can we please recruit a kicker? I mean I don't want to be holding my breath every time we go for a 30 yard kick. DJ used to be ok, but still he missed some in some big games...ahem...USC. Doesn't Setta have any eligibility left?

2) Did anyone else see their life flash before their eyes when Darius was laying on the ground and they were feeling around on his shoulder?

3) That was totally Pass Interference.

4) A win is a win. I'll take it...at least we didn't lose to Montana St.

5) Babysitting was easier than I thought. The kids had already eaten, didn't need to be put to bed, and my uncle had bought Fuzzy Navel Wine Coolers just for me because he knows I love them. The kids played video games the entire 5 hours I was there.

2 comments:

IrishPhox said...

Oh yeah, definitely thought Darius was going to be carried off the field strapped to a backboard with a neck brace on, wondering whether he would ever walk again, let alone play football....imagine my surprise when he was in the game 5 minutes later....

One more thought...Lee Corso in the Irish Guard hat...I kept seeing him on the sidelines hoping he would get hit by someone....

Anonymous said...

1) Yeah, we definitely need a new kicker. I nominate you (couldn't be any worse!).

2) It looked bad, but the fact that he was moving and all was somewhat promising. Not to say I wasn't holding my breath, crossing my fingers, etc.

3) Nope. The refs didn't call it, therefore it wasn't.

4) Agreed. Then again, we didn't schedule Montana State... or Akron (Penn St.) or Northern Illinois (Ohio St.) or Northeastern (VA Tech).

5) Easiest paycheck ever, eh?