Friday, February 02, 2007

The Day Has Officially Come

I'm officially bored telling about my vacation. So here's a recap of the rest.

The next day we went to the beach where I decided that a law needed to be passed restricting certain types of people from wearing bikinis in public.

Women should not wear bikinis if:
A) They are over 3 months pregnant
B) weigh more than 175 lbs (can be a sliding scale based on height)
C) are over the age of 65
D) have had a recent major surgical procedure to the abdominal region leaving a discfiguring scar

Men should not wear speedos unless they are training to compete in a triathlon or other competitive swimming event.

We also rode the water rides that day and the world's only water elevator (not nearly as cool as it sounds).

That evening we went to dinner with my mom's cousin and my second cousin. I was dreading this because I have not a) gotten married, b) had a baby, c) been promtoed in the recent past. Luckily my second cousin is still "finding herself" with her third try at college...made me look like a real winner.

The next day we went to Lahaina to go shopping because my grandmother needed a gift for all 9 of her grandchildren (those are only the ones under 18). The lava rocks she had collected from the beach wasn't going to do, but apparently a deck of cards would...oohh...cards!

Then my dad and I went whale watching. We saw a competition pack of whales just beating the crap out of each other. Apparently some times the whales even lay on each others blow holes, so they can't breath. Ruthless!! However it mostly looked like a bunch of splashing.

Then we were heading into dock and we saw splashing out in the distance. We rushed out there and saw a mom and baby whale jumping. The mom would jump and then the baby whale would jump. Then the mom would tail slap and the baby would tail slap. This is a picture of the mom and baby whale waving to us.


The next day was more beach and nothing really happened except that I got a little sloshed at the open bar that evening. Like to the point where you can still walk and talk coherently, but your cheeks and fingertips are numb.

The next day we left which was another bucket of hell. We had a lay over in Kona and we got on the plane and taxied out and came back because some light said that the cargo area was open. It wasn't, but it took like an hour to check. The best part about it though was that my dad had taken a sleeping pill as soon as he was on the plane, so when all the stopping and starting was going on he was babbling incoherently and trying to kiss my mom. He also ate a thing of fig newtons which he would later not remember and kept staying "did I miss the snacks? why haven't they brought drinks yet? did I miss the snacks?"

We left Hawaii at 3:30 pm on Saturday and arrived in Harrisburg at 1:30 pm on Sunday. Bucket of hell!!

1 comment:

IrishPhox said...

So relieved to see that I'm not the only one who experiences the "numb face" sensation when drinking....