Thursday, March 22, 2007

VISTA Ticketing System = the Devil

Originally I wasn't going to post this story because Patti, one of my former coworkers, reads my blog. But after talking to her on the phone (Hey, Jerky) she said to go ahead because she thinks it would be hysterical.

I've been gone from the Hall of Fame for a few days short of a full year and a couple days ago I received an e-mail from a person that works there. The subject was "Hey Jen...quick question." Quick question, yeah, right. The quick question is they hired a new ticket manager and no one has a clue how to work the ticket system... I guess nothing's changed. The Vista Ticketing System is the most un user friendly system I have ever seen. If you're applying for a job that says they use this system, run. It's actually probably a major contributor to the reason I quit last year. I called the poor sap that they convinced to be the ticket manager (I give her 6 months) and she has no idea what she's doing. I know the feeling. She also said "we need to get together, but I have to leave at 1 today." This is when I realized she had no idea that I now live 600 miles away from her. I tried to help her over the phone, but that's hard to do with a computer system that I haven't even thought of in 6 months. So either because I'm nice and feel bad for her or because I'm an idiot I said I could stop by when I'm in Indiana for Easter and give her a little help. This is the absolute last ticket manager I'm training there.

No comments: