Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Reasons Why I Hate Summer

Today it was hot out, and it reminded me that summer was just around the corner. I started thinking about it, and I really hate summer. It seems odd, but I hate the hot/humid weather and here are some other things that I really hate about summer.

1) Kids are out of school. I can no longer go to the mall during the day and shoe shop in peace. I have to deal with teenagers that think they are the shit.
2) I could care less about Major League Baseball. I like to watch baseball games, but I don't freakin' care how many games back the Yankees are. Being a sports crazy, I need my sports fix and baseball and the WNBA just don't cut it.
3) Tourons (Tourists + morons = tourons). Now when I go to the gym, I have to deal with Joe Schmo from Delaware with his six kids packed into his SUV crossing three lanes on the highway because he realized he's about to miss his exit.
4) Crappy holidays. I have to admit, I'm not a big 4th of July fan. Maybe if there was more candy involved. I'd be happier.
5) (Brutal Honesty Alert). Shaving my legs. I hate shaving my legs. Yes, I shave in the winter (though I know women who don't), but in the winter if you build up a little stubble, it's no big deal. Now that its shorts weather, you have to be all over it.
6) I burn really easily. Put on 50 SPF lotion, wear a hat and still manage to be pink. I don't understand.


I thought of three reasons that I like summer.
1) Deviled eggs: I love deviled eggs. One of the two preparations of eggs that doesn't gross me out (the other being egg salad--- apparently eggs and mayonnaise are yummy). I don't really understand why its unacceptable to have deviled eggs at other times during the year, but it is.
2) Bath and Body works has way better scents than any other time of year. Let's face it the Holiday/Winter Season scents suck compared with the summer scents.
3) Cute sandals.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude the 4th of july is my favorite holiday. it is way better than christmas cuz you don't have to see your family and deal with the stress that brings. plus i love, love, love fireworks. go 4th of july!!!!

Jsto said...

Speak for yourself about dealing with family, little kids trying to set off fireworks and running around with sparklers blazing in their hands...yeah, lovely