Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Three Posts in One

I have three things I want to blog about, so instead of putting them in three short blogs all on the same day, I'm going to post them in one blog.

1) What's so great about a parachute? Not the type you jump out of an airplane with...I know what's great about that, but the multi-colored piece of nylon that everyone played with in gym in elementary school. Wasn't that great when you were in elementary school? Yeah, it's parachute day. Well, now, as an adult sometimes I take the paparchutes to programs. AND I HATE IT!! The parachute is basically what you take to the program when your out of ideas or are too lazy to think of another activity. But the kids end up in this crazy frenzy, trying to wrap themselves up in it or fighting over the handles or popping balls up onto rooftops. Not to mention how tired your arms get. Why is the parachute not great anymore?

2) My new law. I'm thinking of passing a new law that says that if a person is parked like a moron then you can ram them with your car and they have to pay for the damage. How else are they going to learn not to park like an idiot. This thought came to me when I was at the gym. There is a parking space with a lightpost with a big cement bottom in it, so normally nobody parks in it. But today some jackass decided to try to cram his car in it. News flash if the backseat is sticking out past the car beside you, your car is out too far.

3) My little adventure. Today I went to the grocery store in Hershey. I was at the gym and decided it wouldn't be that much further than the Union Deposit one near my apartment, so off I went. A little explanation first. Hershey is where all the rich people live. And even though I have a Giant store and they have a Giant store. Theirs is soooo much better than mine. First of all I didn't feel like I needed to disinfect the cart before using it (not to mention that there were carts, the Union Deposit Giant store never brings their carts in from the little corrals). Second, there weren't Kool-aid mustached kids running wild. Third, the food. They had stuffed grape leaves on their salad bar, a whole deli case devoted to exotic cheeses and starfruit. At Union Deposit, I'm lucky if they have broccoli on their salad bar. I felt like someone was going to come over to me and throw me out "You live in Harrisburg. They built a Giant for your type of people." I loved it. Next time I'm going to use the scan as I shop guns, but they scare me.

2 comments:

IrishPhox said...

Hate to tell you this, but your link points to the wrong Giant....you've got it pointing to Giant of Landover, our esteemed sister company with stores located south of the Mason-Dixon line. What you really want is this: http://www.giantpa.com/ for Giant Foods (of Carlisle)--remember, Quality, Selection & Savings, Everyday!

Jsto said...

Have no fear. The correct link is now in place. God, you would think you worked for Giant or something.