Sunday, July 15, 2007

An Impromptu Sleepover

Yesterday, my 11 year old cousin Aubrey and 7 year old cousin Sierra asked if they could sleepover. I thought for a second, realized I really had no plans for the weekend and in a moment of foolish weakness agreed that they could come. What I did not think about was that it was only about noon, so I would also be asked to spend the entire day with them.

We decided to go play miniature golf and pass some of the time. The guy at the miniature golf place suggested I get the family pass for myself and my daughters and I freaked out. I became even more freaked out when I realized that actually physically possible. Then we enjoyed a wonderful game of miniature golf (I totally dominated!). If you've never played mini golf with a 7 year old that has never played before, I strongly suggest it (she said sarcastically).

Then we went to Indian Echo Caverns which is getting a huge plug because they let me in for free since I am a tour guide alumnus. It was ok and the tour guide wasn't a complete moron, so that's always a plus. But the one mistake I made was letting Aubrey take control of my digital camera which means I have 50 pictures that look exactly like this.



We had fun but the sleepover did confirm one thing that I had already had an inkling of...I am nowhere near ready to have a kid of my own. There's just too much "I spilled something", "I broke something", "I'm on my fifth piece of pizza", "I left your front door hang wide open" (this happened twice), "I'm drinking soda out of one of your martini glasses", "I have a stomach ache", "I can't sleep because I think people are trying to get in your door", "I'm just going to spontaneously start shrieking for no reason at all", "I'm going to put my face right up against yours when you are sleeping", "I'm going to turn on your broken laptop in your bedroom and you won't know its on until 6 hours later when you're in bed and hear the fan running", "I'm going to dig through your purse and screw around with your cell phone so that you now have lots of random pictures on it", and my personal favorite "I just spilled rice krispies down the side of your stove where you have no hope of cleaning it up and can only hope it won't make your whole apartment smell like spoiled milk."

4 comments:

danigurl said...

dude rice krispies won't smell like spoiled milk. as long as you don't spill any liquid down there you should be fine cuz it's kinda hard for something that is completely dry to "spoil". now ants, you might get ants. they like eating "leftovers".

Jsto said...

Um...but a splash of rice krispies and milk...that would smell like milk.

Anonymous said...

Kids... yeeach.

We were at this art fair over the weekend and there was this older guy with this tshirt-

Grandpa's To Do List:
1. Sugar the Grandkids up
2. Send them home

-I kind of thought to myself, can I do that with my friends kids someday? It's like a rent-a-kid program!

IrishPhox said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA....

So not only is it physically possible for them to have been your children, around here its more likely than not that they would have been...

Also, amazing how many of those problems attributed to children under the age of 12 can also be attributed to boyfriends/husbands well over the age of 18...