Sunday, July 01, 2007

It's 1:30 and Still No Water

At 7:30 this morning, my phone rang. It was Sis, the old lady downstairs (and also the owner of the steering wheel sweater) just letting me know that we didn't have running water...uh, thanks. When I woke up at 9, I turned on the TV and didn't see anything about 100,000 customers without water or any of that nonsense, so I called the water company. They let me know that water had been shut off due to a water mane break and I should get service back "at any moment." Does at any moment mean four and a half plus hours later? It doesn't to me. So I packed up shower stuff when I went to the gym and on the way thought maybe I'd check out what was going on. I saw three guys in bright orange shirts standing around a hole in the street scratching their heads and looking puzzled. When I returned from the gym, getting lunch and going grocery shopping, I saw pretty much the same thing. GRRR. It kinda puts a kink in my plan to do laundry and to wash my dishes.

No comments: