Monday, August 06, 2007

A Casualty of Volleyball

Yesterday I went to Danielle's family reunion with her. She warned me about what to expect and was pretty much right on the money (this woman will have lipstick on her teeth, this girl will be ultra-sensitive, this guy will have a wad of chew in his mouth, this woman is a psycho, etc). Right down to the ultra-competitive volleyball game. Only the stakes this year were higher, there was a trophy. Luckily Danielle stuck me on the team with Mr. and Mrs. Volleyball and we won. There was one casualty. My $3 sunglasses broke when they were sitting on my head and a volleyball hit me on the head and thus on said sunglasses. I don't know if you can tell, but not only did the lense pop out, but the rim cracked too.

The broken sunglasses were all worth it though to see how embarrassed Danielle got when she won a 6-pack of toilet paper for having "the most colorful underwear."

No comments: