Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Book Review
Yes, my friends, I finished a book. This is of course shocking to anyone that knows me because I hate to read. I don't really understand why anyone would like to read and like to brag that I made it the entire way through high school without finishing a single one of the required readings. (Made it pretty far through Lord of the Flies though). Even more shocking is that I finished this book in about three weeks. A new record.

The book was Everyone Worth Knowing and is by Lauren Weisberger, the author of The Devil Wears Prada, which I have also read. ::gasp:: In a lot of ways Everyone Worth Knowing is like Devil Wears Prada. Girl takes job several rungs above her on the social ladder; ditches friends, family, and moral values to become a workaholic only to realize how much she's screwed up her life. There are some differences. In EWK, she actually likes her boss, there's more drugs involved and a homosexual oral sex scene which caught me a little off guard and makes me only slightly uncomfortable to be handing this book over to my mom next week when she's in town.

In summation, if you liked Devil Wears Prada and liked it, read Everyone Worth Knowing. If you didn't like it, don't. And if you didn't read it, do.

1 comment:

K said...

I loved The Devil Wears Prada (the book) and I started trying to read Everyone Worth Knowing but couldn't really get into it