Thursday, October 25, 2007

Anniversary Gift Opinion

Ok, my parents anniversary comes up towards the end of November. My parents are the absolute worst people to buy a present for. 1) My mom is singularly the worst person to buy presents for because she doesn't like anything. Even if she will end up liking it, initially, she won't. 2) My dad is the type of person that if he needs something, he will just go and buy it. So anything they actually need, they already have.

So, here was my thought. I'd send them a poinsettia plant. When I was younger, my dad used to get a poinsettia from some company for a Christmas gift and my parents always loved it. I figured that their anniversary was close enough to Christmas that this should be exceptable.

Here's my debate. My crazy aunt Nancy (who we never talk about because she hates me) used to always get my grandparents flowers for whatever occasion. Whatever the $29.95 FTP floral arrangement that was advertised in the coupon section of the newspaper, my grandparents would have on their dining room table. Christmas, Anniversary, Mother's Day, etc. And of course we used to make fun of her...because that's what my family does. So I feel like I'm taking the easy Aunt Nancy way out. Granted I have never bought my parents flowers before because my mom is allergic to everything. Any thoughts?

1 comment:

Jen said...

I would just go for the plant and see what they say. Make sure you bring up the lame joke about finding a coupon in the paper to them so you can all share a laugh. They will still love you forever.