Monday, October 29, 2007

Isn't It Ironic? Don't You Think

In a side note, it was like two years after that Alanis Morrissette song came out that I got it. One day I was listening to it and all of the sudden had a light bulb on moment where I was like "oh, my God, ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife! That is ironic!" I know I was dumb. Anyway, that wasn't what this post was originally going to be about.

This post comes to you thanks to my good friend Danielle. She was driving the other day and was forced to take a different road than she normally takes due to construction. She passed a Jehovah's Witness place (sorry don't know the name of a Jehovah's Witness place...though maybe I should since my loser cousin was briefly one--that's a whole other post) and found it interesting that the entire complex was gated. Not just a little white picket fence. We're talking heavy duty fencing with a little speaker box.

Isn't it ironic that they can go around and knock on any door they want to but you can't go knock on theirs? What if I really did want to become a Jehovah's Witness? You're telling me I'd have to buzz in and be like "uh, I was thinking about what you said the other day at my door, and I think you're right. I do want to become a Jehovah's Witness."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's called kingdom hall here in Canada I assume it's the same in the States. And they need as much protection as they can get because I can think of at least 5 times people have broken into Kingdom Halls and busted up the place or set it on fire. And that's in Canada... we're usually so nice! who'd a-thunk it?

Lily said...

I think they must need to gate it because even though most of them are nice people that just don't know better, their government body has been the cause of brainwashed loved ones, broken families and the death of innocents including many children.
I should know.