Saturday, October 13, 2007

My New Favorite Penalty

I used to have two favorite penalties in football. Pass Interference and Intentional Grounding. Most people would think it isn't possible to have favorite penalties but I do. They are my favorites for two main reasons. 1) I like the hand signals the officials have to make when calling them and frequently make them myself while screaming at the TV or at an actual game. 2) I know the rules that surround these two calls and can make intelligent comments about them like "that should not be intentional grounding because he was totally outside the tackle box."

My new favorite penalty is Roughing the Passer. This one had to work its way up on the list because a lot of times its a rather bogus penalty and the result of good acting on the part of the quarterback. But its been added because I realized the hand signal that goes along with it is really similar to my friend Aileen's "wasted" signal.

No comments: