Sunday, December 16, 2007

Day 2: The Magic Kingdom

I should've known we had an interesting day ahead when on my way to get coffee that morning I heard a dad yell at his kids "Tick tock goes the clock!" as meaning "get your ass in gear". I'm really glad my parents never said stupid crap like that.

We went on a bunch of rides and nothing really exciting happened. Danielle made me climb up steps to the Swiss Family Treehouse, but other than that it was fun. We had some weird people in front of us in line at the Pirate's of the Carribbean and they kept trying to talk to me (Danielle was doing her best to look around so as not to be pulled into the conversation), but other than that it was pretty low key.

Then we went to the Tikki Room. I love the Tikki Room, but had heard they had changed it so wasn't sure what to expect (it was ok). We were waiting for the show to start and Danielle said "There's a woman behind you breastfeeding and no bra in sight. Wait a little before you look because I just looked." So I waited about half a minute and then very nonchalantly looked back. However, she had just taken the baby away so I got a full boob view. A very large boob view. I'm cringing just thinking about it. That's one thing I didn't expect to see at Disney... naked boobies.

We then made our way to Splash Mountain. The wait was a little long, but still less than a half hour, so we decided to wait. In front of us was a guy with a messenger bag and he was writing on a tablet in line. He also didn't seem to be with the people in front of us or anything so it was a little bizarre. At one point, I had a view of what he was writing. I'm not sure exactly what it was but there were two or three lists on it and under each list was names like George Clooney, Johnny Depp, Mario Lopez, Mark Wahlberg (Johnny Depp was on at least two lists), so Danielle and I spent the rest of our wait trying to peak over his shoulder and figure out what the hell he was doing, but we got caught and the guy started being more secretive.

We got on the ride and before we even went up the hill to come down this geyser shot off and all the water landed right on Danielle. She was completely drenched. It looked like she had gotten in the shower with her clothes on and I of course thought that was hysterical.

Has anyone had the Dole Pineapple floats at Disney? Are they the best thing ever?!? I stood in line in the brief rain that we had for mine. For those of you that don't know, its pineapple soft serve ice cream in pineapple juice. Yumalicious!

We waited for the electrical parade that evening and during the parade played "girl or guy" for some of the characters. Last year my dad had a chance to see the staging area for the parades and he said one of the creepiest things was that some of the villains like Cruella De ville were actually men. So that's where the game came from. Then we went to see fireworks (I'm not big on fireworks, but Danielle is). They had this wire strung from the top of the castle to one of the nearby restaurants and so at the beginning of the show Tinkerbell flew from the top of the castle out over the park. That was pretty cool.

Since we were staying at a Disney resort we had the benefit of Extra Magic hours which meant the park closed at midnight instead of 9pm. We decided to go on a couple of extra rides even though we had rode everything already. Space Mountain was broken when we went to go ride it a second time, but was open when we went back during Magic Hours. Before we left we decided to go on Pirates one more time. It was more that we were walking by it on our way out and there was no line. This turned out to be mistake. We got stuck on the ride and while it was probably only for about 10 minutes, it had to be the longest 10 minutes of my life. You put on "yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me" for 10 minutes and see if you're not about to lose your mind.

Stay tuned for Day 3: A bevy of stupid people

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you forgot us getting stuck on the lift for splash mountain for 5 minutes. that was a pretty big bucket of hell too.