Saturday, March 22, 2008

How I Pretend to Save the World

Back in January, I started getting Body and Soul Magazine, one of Martha Stewart's cogs in her plan to control the universe. Anyway, I really like it and every month after I read it I resolve to take my own bag to the grocery store, eat more leafy greens and practice some deep breathing (or various other ways to improve myself and my world). This usually last for about a week until I forget, go back to my old way of living and then when I get next month's mag it starts all over again. This month there was actually something really good and really easy to do. It's a way to opt out of catalogs that you don't want to receive. Now I love catalog browsing as much as the next person (bring on the billion Victoria's secrets and Pottery Barns), but I get catalogs full of men's clothing that don't apply to me at all. So go to this link and put an end to all the wasted catalogs you are receiving. Now the bad part about this is that you have to actually know the names of those catalogs. That was hard for me because I usually just pitch the ones that I don't want. I'll have to start paying attention to them though.

No comments: