Saturday, March 01, 2008

Thanks, That's Really Helpful

Today at the Princess for a Day event that I was working, a girl's crown fell off her tooth during snack time. Of course, there was a load of tears because she was only 6 and in all honesty, there would be a load of tears if a crown fell off my tooth and I'm 27. So we called her mom to come pick her up because girl crying for longer than 1 minute = parents turn to deal with it. The girl was sitting on my lap and I was trying to comfort her while also explaining to the other kids what a crown is and why this was different than losing a tooth. It was taking her mom a really long time to come. The girl turned to me and between sobs said "are you sure my mom is coming?" and I did my best to assure her that her mom would be there any moment. The girl beside her turns to us and says "maybe your mom lied to you to make you spend the night here." Of course that led to another onslaught of crying. Thanks little girl. We could've done without that little commentary. Though it does make me wonder if she was speaking from experience.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that they did crowns for little kids! Wouldn't they just pull the tooth? I guess that's why I'm not a dentist... but seriously, ouch.

Anonymous said...

i think it's ironic that a girl lost her crown at a princess day event.....