Monday, May 05, 2008

I Think She Forgot, What Do You Think?

This morning we had a meeting at 9am in the York office. My boss was supposed to pickup myself and Carmen at the Harrisburg office at 8, so that we could car pool down. At 8:20, she still wasn't there, so I decided to call her thinking she may have forgotten us and was already on her way to York.

Me: "Hey, it's Jsto."
Her: "Hi, what's up?"
Me: "Um, you were supposed to pick us up at 8 to go to the meeting in York."
Her: "Oh, I'm running a little late. I haven't left my house yet and when I get there, we have to unpack the back of my car, so that you can sit in the backseat."

Luckily, a person from another department was about ready to leave for York, so Carmen and I just went with her instead. It was good because Carmen and I always argue on who has to sit upfront and talk business. It usually comes down to who arrives last. I was last this morning.

Sidenote: When we get to the meeting, at the beginning we had to "check in" by saying the title of a movie, a line from a movie or a character from a movie that best describes how we're feeling at that moment. We go around the table and it gets to my boss: "I'm Maria from the Sound of Music because I like to sing and I want to change the world." Really? You're going to go with Maria? Really? And you mean this completely seriously? I apparently had a reflex snicker because I didn't even know I had done it but the girl beside me said I did. This is what I put up with every day.

No comments: