Sunday, May 11, 2008

Is Your Ticket Application In?

It's that time of year again. The time when Notre Dame alumni and donors scramble around to friends and family and try to make heads or tails of what everyone wants. Luckily this year, I am only looking for one ticket to the Syracuse game in November (yes, I'm serious), which I'm pretty sure will not be an issue.

My mom has apparently instituted a new rule this year for some reason. She is not giving tickets to anyone that will not promise to wear Notre Dame gear to the game. (AKA our family friend's son that went to Pitt or my dad's coworker that is a rabid Michigan fan). Keep in mind that we have given them tickets before, so I'm not really sure what the sudden change is. When my dad told her she was crazy, she apparently yelled at him "Remember the Nebraska Game!" Keep in mind that my parents didn't even live in South Bend during the 2000 Notre Dame/Nebraska game, so they only witnessed that embarrassing display of fanship on TV.

Little known fact: If you watch the 2000 Notre Dame/Nebraska game, you can see me running behind Bob Davie during the pregame with a football in my arms. I was a student manager that year, and that just happened to be one of my onfield games. I got to work the nets behind the goal posts. I think my parent still have that game on tape because of that. I wonder if my mom pulled it out on a whim, and that's why she's all fired up again all of the sudden.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what about me? i totally wore psu stuff at the debacle that was the nd/psu game in south bend. guess it's because i'm the daughter she never had. ha.

Unknown said...

i remember that game. not because i worked that game too (i think i worked the purdue game the next week), but because we ALMOST won that game. and i remember sitting in my cousin-in-law's (yeah yeah, i know, not a word) suv on the drive back to his family's house in elkhart, listening to talk radio and his incessant whining about what we should have done differently. ugh. but yeah, that should NEVER happen again.

Jsto said...

That's right. We did almost win because they told all the managers that if we won to make sure we gather the endzone markers and get off the field. Apparently there is a tendency for them to go missing when students rush the field.