Sunday, May 11, 2008

Massive Head Wound Harry

My dad is not only training to do the 3-day with me, but he is also training to do a marathon. Yesterday morning he woke up, ran 11 miles (which I have to say I was pretty impressed with) and then fainted in the shower. Probably due to lack of proper nutrition since he just thought he would eat breakfast after he changed. You can't run 11 miles with nothing in you, dummy! Anyway, he had to go to the ER and get 11 stitches (aka 1 stitch per mile) in the middle of his forehead.

My mom was pissed because it was "a beautiful day and there was a Notre Dame baseball game." I'm a little surprised that she didn't just dump my dad off at the hospital and tell him to call when he was done. My dad sent me an e-mail yesterday and instead of a smiley face at the end he put this \:-) which is apparently supposed to be him with a scar in the middle of his forehead (dork!) He's really concerned because he has a big board meeting this week and apparently he looks more than slightly ridiculous. I called my mom today for Mother's Day (did you remember to call your mom?), and she kept referring to him as Massive Head Wound Harry which I think is hilarious.

No comments: