Saturday, July 05, 2008

Savannah Day 5: Pigtail Friday

Ok, folks, it's time for me to wrap up my Savannah trip synopsis because I have other things that I must blog about. The last day of our trip. I had mentioned before that my office had thought about doing "pigtail Friday", but no one really went through with it. (Since then we have also had suggestions of other theme days --topless Tuesday, inappropriate dessert Monday-- which ended with simlarly lack of follow through.) Luckily, teenagers are much more easily influenced and Pigtail Friday was in full swing on the trip home from Savannah.

That morning we had free time after packing up and checking out of our room. Some of us decided to check out the First Girl Scout National Headquarters, which I was unimpressed with, but it gave us the opportunity to view "The Golden Eaglet." This VHS tape has been sitting in my office for two years, but I never had motivation nor reason to view it. BIG MISTAKE. I was hoping this would be posted on someone's website, so that all of you could enjoy, but it's not. The Golden Eaglet is a 20 minute silent movie made in 1918 to promote Girl Scouting. Basically this girl is bored and decides to join Girl Scouts and becomes Super Girl Scout. My favorite part is after she swims across the river, she arrives at the railroad station only to find out that the station master has been robbed and knocked unconscious. She performs First Aid and then telegraphs for help. HILARITY.

Then it was off to the airport for our trip home. When we were checking in at the airlines, I'm holding my driver's license up waiting for the guy to look at it. Finally he says "you're all set." and I kinda look at him funny and he says "I don't need to see your ID because you're under 18." Um...wrongo. Anyway, other than that and them changing our gate number a billion times nothing much happened. We arrived home safe and sound. The End.

No comments: