Monday, August 25, 2008

Deep Thoughts from the Membership Department

This past week we had an overnight staff meeting at camp. Our management does stupid things like this every once in a while. I think they have this rosey picture of us all sitting around a campfire, singing songs, eating smores and sharing best practices. These things usually end in debauchery and a staff wide memo. Before moving to the actually subject of this post, I must first mention the biggest waste of time of the whole ordeal. The introductions. We were supposed to stand up, say our name, our position, what we actually do, and two successes we've had over the past year. "Please take only about a minute." They had allotted about 25 minutes for introductions. There were probably over 60 people at the staff meeting...you do the math. It took about an hour and a half for introductions.

On the second day of our wonderful staff outing we played "membership jeopardy." My team won...of course...and I got a little purple purse with some things in it. One of the things was this little book. (at this point, I planned on posting a picture of the book, but I just discovered that my camera is broken...which pisses me off, since I'm currently slightly short of funds). The book says "Thoughts" on the cover. Upon seeing this (and after almost two miserable days of staff camp), my coworker Hope sarcastically said "I've got a couple of thoughts I'd like to add." And so the "thoughts" book was born. I made the mistake of leaving it with Charlene for her to add her thoughts on the 2 and a half hour ride home. I ended up with "Random Thoughts from the Ride Home" Numbered 1 - 55. I'd like to share some of my favorites.

1. Meetings are gay, you are gay, everything is gay.
5. PT cruiser - you're a loser
13. Traffic at 2:15 pm on Rt 815
21. Think Kate is behind us?? (Kate is our coworker)
24. Stef got text about poop in Hershey pool.
26. Gave to guy flagging at construction ---> (ok, now I must describe. The page opposite this comment has "call to get a date with Jsto and then little pull off tabs...like fliers in college...with my name and cell number on them.)
28. Wonder if I can fill this whole book?
29. Let's try.
30. Traffic is stopped. Maybe I get out and give Kate this book at mile marker 122.7
32. Took a break to blow nose.
41. Watching for deer.
48. Kate is putting on her makeup (it was actually chap stick)
50. Thought about cleaning shoulder of road while stuck in traffic.
54. Adult superstore -- exit 24

There is also a really cute Life is Good inspired drawing. Which I normally would've taken a picture of but since my camera is all kinds of messed up, I guess I won't.

No comments: