Sunday, August 31, 2008

I'm PSYCHIC!!

Yes! College Football season has finally started! Yesterday, I scheduled to have a Mary Kay Pedicure party for some of my friends. I knew it was the first weekend, but thought since a) Notre Dame didn't play and b) everyone usually plays warm up games (Penn State was playing Coastal Carolina for example. Their mascot is the Chanticleers...I didn't know what that was, but the announcer felt the need to say Chanticleer as every other word. It's a Rooster)

I'm watching the Michigan game with Amanda T, who brought pizza. YEAH! (Not to be confused with Amanda L who ditched us...loser). Utah is safely ahead by like 15 or so for a long time. I turned to Amanda and said "you know what's going to happen here, don't you? Michigan is going to make it a tight game and then people are going to start to come, and I'm going to have to turn off the TV and be a good hostess." Sure enough, Michigan comes back, two point game, ding dong, the doorbell rings. Luckily my anti-Michigan friend Betsy comes and as soon as I open the door she says "do you know what happened in the Michigan game?" so of course, I have to be cordial to my guest and turn the TV on. 6 seconds left...too bad Michigan. :-(

On an additional note, if I was Lou Holtz, I'd be talking some serious trash to Mark May. (oh, you think Pittsburgh is in the top 25. Bowling Green must be in the top 10 then, right? They're not? Well, then they must be in some power conference right? Mid-American? Did you see my boy take care of Virginia Tech?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did not ditch, I just didn't get back from Philly in time.

Anonymous said...

Since I just now got my computer back from virus-land and catching up on my missed blogs, I am commenting on this message a tad late. At the PSU game the announcer kept saying "The Chanticleers....." and I'm sitting up in the stands looking down at this blue bird thinking "What in the hell is a Chanticleer?" I thought it was maybe some kind of rare parrot, on account of the stupid thing being blue or teal or whatever the hell color it was supposed to be. Clearly I was wrong. And yes I realize the bird's coloring is due to the school's colors. At least I do now. And finally, so sorry I missed the fab pedi party. Oh so sorry. Not.