Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Series of Unfortunate Events

In a weird twist to the car accident story, I've found out that the man that hit me apparently died the Monday after he rear ended me. I got a call from a different insurance guy last week and he said "I'm going to ask you some questions that you may have answered before and then I'll explain why." He asks me all sorts of stuff about what the man said and did and then said "The gentleman that hit you died Monday...we believe it to be unrelated to the accident." phew...that's a relief... "he had other issues." Um...ok. His obituary just said he died peacefully at the hospital. I already checked.

This has now caused a whole big mess though because I guess when they called him Friday after the accident, he was too shaken up to talk about it. The nice insurance people were like "ok, just give us a call Monday when you feel more up to talking." Well, then he died, so I'm basically the only person to give a statement on what happened. They're basically trying to determine whether there was a preexisting medical condition that caused the accident. It's a nightmare for me though because now I have to deal with three different insurance people calling me all the time.

No comments: