Friday, January 02, 2009

My Birthday

My birthday, like Christmas, was also low key. One of the best birthday presents I received was actually the night before when I checked my e-mail and discovered that both my "recommenders" for grad school had completed their recommendations. I had been freaking out a little because my one recommender had kept telling me "oh, I'll do it on Thursday" then Thursday would come and go, and he'd not have started it. This happened about three times, and the deadline for submitting was January 7th, so I was a little paranoid, but they were done. YEAH!! So I now have two applications submitted and two more to go.

My birthday start off with a trip to the Hershey Spa. Milt was my massage technician and although he was rather chatty, not really the buff young stud of a massage technician that I hoped for and his arm hair was sometimes scratchy, it was still a really good massage.

Then I met my mom, dad, and grandma at Friendly's for lunch and ice cream. Friendly's has always been one of my favorite restaurants and my dad kinda hates it so that makes it even better.

During the afternoon, my mom and I went grocery shopping for dinner, I kicked my dad's butt in Seinfeld Scene-It at least twice and I received a welcome phone call from Keli and Chelsea (my former coworker Stefanie's kids) and they sang happy birthday to me. It was cute.

For supper, my mom made round steak and gravy, my favorite meal and I had a shortcake cake with fresh strawberries on top that I had picked out from the grocery store bakery case and it was actually delicious.

My cousin Sierra decided to sleep over and watch Alice In Wonderland because shockingly she had never seen it before. She was actually one of the best house guests I have ever had. Goes to bed at a reasonable time, gets up at a reasonable time and is pretty much ok with whatever you have to eat, drink, or do.

No comments: