Monday, February 02, 2009

I Think that I Might...

Want to go to Punxsatawny, PA for Groundhog's Day sometime...is that weird? While driving to the middle of nowhere for work this morning I was listening to the radio (because my CD player in my car is eagerly awaiting my tax refund to be fixed) and they had a live report from Punxsatawny. The reporter described all the guys in top hat that were members of the groundhog's inner circle, and the heated stump the groundhog resides in, and how pissed Phil looked when they pulled him out. Ever since we started exploring the New Year's Eve drops, I am totally into these podunk town events. (Though they reported about 10,000 people there, so I'm not sure how podunk that is.) Anyone want to come with me?

While I'm on the subject of Groundhog's Day, isn't it a little backwards? I mean if the groundhog sees his shadow, that means that its six more weeks of winter...but if there is a shadow, that should mean that the sun is shining which should theoretically mean spring is on its way, shouldn't it? Obviously, I've spent way more time thinking about this than any person should.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nope. I've thought the same dang thing myself. And 'Phil' is not any more accurate than your average South Bend meteorologist. And that's not sayin much.

Anonymous said...

We have a friend Lon that did go to see "Phil" -- last year I believe.
Sent us pictures but I'm sure they are floating in cyberspace by now.
He seemed to enjoy his trip.
KR