Sunday, June 07, 2009

Who Knew Diseases Were So Lovable?

First, I would like to apologize in case this turns out to be incoherent, babbling dribble (not that my normal posts aren't incoherent, babbling dribble), but I am ridiculous tired from a 24 hour stint for work at Camp Small Valley (aka the caterpillar poo rainforest).

Like a week and a half ago, we were forced to take "Outdoor Training." well, except for the lame people who are worthless anyway and somehow managed to get out of it. The trainer (actually they are now called Adult Learning Facilitators) started talking about ticks and pulled out a fuzzy rendition of Lyme Disease which was then followed by Giardia. I just had to check out what other stuffed animal diseases were available.

Here is my top 10 wish list of fuzzy microbes. I also love that you can order these in a set that come in a cardboard petri dish. (Now I know that most of the times, the links I have connected to this blog are useless information, but you MUST click on these links. They are imperative to the blog content.)

10) Toxic Mold: Because it looks like a really pissed off elephant
9) Sea Sparkle: It looks high and because the description says "light up your life" I'm wondering if they did that on purpose.
8) Chicken Pox: Didn't think a virus could actually look like a chicken, did you?
7) Sperm Cell: a) it has a blue bow on it. b) it uses the words "little man's man" and c) it's a stuffed sperm!
6) Chlamydia: looks like a pissed off lesbian and the description says "playing doctor is a game you don't want to lose" ha
5) Mad Cow: I'm really a fan of diseases that they made look like animals. And could the description be any cornier?
4) MRSA:They actually put a cape on it! Because it's a "super bug"...get it?
3) Fat Cell: Could fat be any cuter? No! Plus it has a little animation at the bottom that bounces around.
2) "Kissing Disease" aka Mono: what a little slut this virus is! Just look at the animation.
1) Flesh Eating: This looked a little boring at first, but then I read the ridiculous description and then noticed it had a little knife and fork embroidered on it and that's why it got my top spot.

I wish more of my friends had small children so I could by these for their birthdays and creep the parents out.

2 comments:

Amanda L said...

I was shopping the other night, and saw this pack of plague masks....it was the 10 plagues from the Bible. The back of the pack said "have your kids dress up as a plague...this pack includes lice, locusts and so much more! Play dress up for hours!" I took a picture of it to prove it...I should have bought them....

IrishPhox said...

So no joke, my friend Morgan whose career is in infectious diseases, actually collects these things--she has pretty much all of them. I make her put away anthrax when I visit her because it creeps me out...