Monday, July 13, 2009

My Semi-Charmed Life

So the plan was for me to blog more about my vacation tonight, but sometimes things happen that are sooo ridiculous/awesome that they must be blogged about immediately and that's what happened today. Kate says that I live a semi-charmed life and lately I think that I'm beginning to agree with her.

This morning I ran into the ghetto grocery store by my office to grab something to take for lunch. Below is the conversation between myself and an old lady with a cart full of cat food that stopped me in an aisle.

Old Lady: Cute shoes!
Me: Thanks.
Old Lady: Wear them while you can because when you get to be old like me you can't wear cute shoes because you're knees hurt and feet hurt and everything hurts.
Me: I will.
OL: They are sooo cute. They make you taller too.
Me: Yep
OL: Are they comfortable?
Me: Yep
OL: Well, I just wanted to tell you how cute they were.
Me: Thanks (I start to walk away)
OL: Wait! I want to give you a reward for having such cute shoes! (I walk back over to her and she's digging in her purse. I'm thinking 'am I going to get a quarter or what?' The woman pulls out a bag of candy and hands me three pieces.)
OL: Here you go.
Me: Thanks. Are these rootbeer barrels?
OL: Yep
Me: I love rootbeer barrels (i do love rootbeer barrels, so make a note.)
OL: They call me the candy lady of Harrisburg. I give candy to everyone.
Me: Thanks.

I know you are probably dying to know what shoes I had on by now, so here they are.

You know what makes them cuter? I got them for $20 on clearance. I was a little sketched out about getting candy from a stranger and thought they might be laced with LSD. (Kate thought they probably had razor blades in the middle of them.) But I had one after lunch (because I live life on the edge) and it seemed to be ok, so I guess not. Stay posted tomorrow for actual vacation posting.

PS I handed in my two weeks notice today. Fun Fun

1 comment:

Amanda 2 said...

those are really cute shoes...and such a good deal on them does make them even cuter!