Sunday, November 22, 2009

My Parents Leave for Australia

This is going to be a serious post for once. I apologize for my readers who only want the funny, ridiculous posts. This is more of a post to just inform everyone of what's going on in my life. Over Thanksgiving my parents are going to Australia for two weeks for a wedding of my dad's Southeast Asia Sales Director (or some such person). When I first heard this news, it really really upset me. As an only child, I really saw it as my dad picking his work over me (whether that is really fair to him or not). There's been a fairly long history of his work coming first is my life and this was just one big final blow. It's Thanksgiving!

Anyway, it is what it is. I'm going to make the best of it and go back to PA which should lead to lots to post about. It may or may not include: my cousin getting out of prison, a visit to the Girl Scout office, going to Chuck E Cheese with Stefanie and her kids, 21 people at Thanksgiving dinner, 5 am black Friday Wal-mart shopping, wedding planning with Amanda and last but certainly not least my 10 year high school reunion. Unfortunately I'll be staying with my grandma who does not have internet, so most of this will probably have to wait until I get back to be blogged about. I'll take good notes though and try to throw in some pictures.

No comments: