Tuesday, December 08, 2009

ALBATROSS!

Saturday: the last day of my trip. I got up and went to Body Pump which kicked my ass even though I made sure to lift lighter than I had back in July. I was seriously sore till Tuesday though. Good sore. I went to Panera (still gross from the gym, but oh well) and tried to do some homework, only to be repeatedly called/texted by my cousin Aubrey reminding me that I had promised to take them to see New Moon.

So after showering and changing, I picked up Aubrey and her sister Molly and went to the movie. I also realized I can start getting in for the student rate again! WOOHOO! (even though some of us never stopped ::cough Danielle cough::). I hadn't seen the first movie or read any of the books or anything, but New Moon was ok. It made me kinda mad for some reason and I'm really not sure why. Maybe the over dramatic nature of the whole thing and everyone in it falling into a suicidal depression over losing their high school boy/girlfriend...color me jaded.

Then I dropped them off (even though Aubrey kept hinting that she wanted to go to dinner) because I had to get ready for my ten year high school reunion. I picked up Danielle at her house ...and she bitched about going some more and we came up with our "let's blow this joint" code word "Albatross." Within five minutes of arriving at the Appalachian Brewing company she began yelling "Albatross! Albatross!" I thought the reunion was pretty good. No one that we really hung out with in high school was there, but that was ok because there was plenty of people who were willing to pretend that they were your best friend in high school. They all pretty much married each other and still live within 10 miles of where we grew up and all work for the State of Pennsylvania. The bad part is that they didn't have name tags or anything so there were lots of people that I had no idea what their name was. I knew they were in homeroom with me or whatever, but as far as name...total blanko. The other weird thing is that all the girl's voices seemed to be an octave higher than they used to be. One of our classmate's band played and I felt bad because they were pretty good but were really loud so everyone was out in the bar area talking. So I had some food and beer, did shots with the randomest bunch of girls from high school ever, watched part of the Notre Dame/Stanford game on the TV by the bar (the part where they were winning...ps since he was punched I've started using "Jimmy Clausen" as an action...."Don't make me Jimmy Clausen your ass.") and then left. I took Danielle home and she insisted that I come in and explain to her mom why she was so drunk.

Sunday I drove back to NC. Got stuck in stop and go traffic for most of Virginia and realized that Danielle never gave me the Gazebo Room dressing she had bought me...oh well.

Hmmm...I've had a letter from prison sitting around...maybe I'll blog it...maybe I won't

No comments: