Wednesday, December 02, 2009

The Long Road Home

Yes, I just referred to PA as home. Amanda 1, doesn't that make you pleased? Tuesday before Thanksgiving I had a finance midterm in the morning and then was planning on driving back to PA after that. I had packed over the weekend so all I needed to do was load stuff in my car and go. The exam was pretty much the ass kicking that I expected and even though I was prepared for it, felt completely brain drained afterwards. I loaded up my car, packed a lunch, and drove glossy eyed through most of North Carolina. The weather was kind of annoying as it was partly cloudy and so would go from dark to bright and I kept having to put my sunglasses on and off. My mom had also given me a book on CD (or book on DVD as she calls them) to listen to on my drive...which I enjoy much more than actual books....but the voice of the reader kinda annoyed me and the plot was slightly ridiculous. I still listened to pretty much of it and would switch to music when I realized I was spacing out.

Mapquest told me it would take 7 hours and 14 minutes to get to my grandma's, but JSto time says roughly 6 1/2 hours....that's including stopping at Dairy Queen for a blizzard...mmmm...icecream and potty break. I also made it the whole way to PA on one tank of gas which for some reason made me extremely excited. Surprisingly, a 6 1/2 hour drive is like nothing to me since I'm used to doing 9 hours from PA to South Bend...weird. So I got to my grandma's house and she fed me more icecream even though I told her multiple times that I had already had ice cream..."well, there's always room for ice cream...just have a little...it's chocolate." As if chocolate somehow is less filling/fattening/gluttonous. Then we watched the Dancing With the Stars finale because my grandma is a DWTS addict. I spent most of the time explaining who the various stars were though. (What's she do? Singer. What's he do? Singer What's she do? well...her dad's ozzy osborne.)

I was going to blog about Wednesday right now too, but facebook keeps distracting me, so this will have to do for now.

In an unrelated rant, tonight at yoga I got a cramp in my calf and it was really hard to not scream obscenities.

No comments: