Monday, December 07, 2009

Target, 4am

Black Friday. The first Black Friday in a long time that my dad and I wouldn't be going to a mall somewhere to watch crazy people and buy things for ourselves. Amanda invited me to go with her bright and early to get a vacuum. Why not? Haven't you always wondered what happens at 4am on Black Friday. My alarm went off at 3am...GROAN...I can't honestly remember the last time I saw 3am....it's been a while. I met Amanda (and her fiance's 17? year old brother Josh) at her house. We stopped at Sheetz for coffee and breakfast. (Believe it or not Sheetz was actually having Black Friday sales on windshield wiper fluid...who knew?) Then we went to Target and got in line. We listened to crazy stories about previous Black Friday sales from the people standing around us. I also thought about sneaking in with an employee, but didn't. There was also this:

A scary person dressed up as a barber pole handing out free haircut coupons...creepy. Target employees came by and gave us maps of where all the specials were in the store. Unfortunately, the vacuum wasn't on it, so we made plans to split up and find the vacuum. The doors opened at 5am, and everything was rather orderly except the people walking over from the parking lot and trying to jump in line. Amanda had sent me towards the area where the TV's that were on special were. Thanks a lot! There was lots of ruckus and whatnot....no trampling though and also no vacuums. Amanda finally found her vacuum and all was well.

From there we went to Best Buy. Nothing really exciting happened there except that the line was super long and wound pretty much the whole way around the store.

After Best Buy we headed to Five Below because I had promised my grandma that I'd help her get stocking stuffers for the kids. There I got possibly the best buy of the day. This:

Isn't it hysterical looking? It's called a Gulper and the tag says "Danger: Do not stick your finger all the way in your Gulper and pull on its tail." There's no other real instructions so of course the first thing you want to do is stick your finger in and pull on the tail, but your also a little nervous to do so in the store should anything go awry and the thing gets stuck. So we bought it. Also pretty funny is the fact that's it's name is "Sucky" and "Sucky has a good appetite but a bad attitude." At one point in the store, Josh had taken it from me and I very loudly yelled "Give me sucky!" Well, that didn't really come out right. It turns out sucky has like a Chinese finger trap thing in its mouth that "sucks" on your finger when you stick it in. I also enjoy that the tag says "US and International patents pending." Really? This is patented?
From there we went to Bed, Bath and Beyond...not really for any purpose except that we were close to it. Then off to Wal-mart because we felt like we needed to go to Wal-mart on Black Friday and were hoping to get into some fights...we didn't though... :-(

After eating cereal at Amanda's house, and then going for Chinese food, we went to the Harrisburg mall to see Santa's sand sculpture thing ...why a mall in Harrisburg has a giant sand sculpture I'll never get (so glad that there's pictures on the web so I could share though). Then I went back to my grandma's (it was still only like 1pm) and slept for two hours and then did homework the rest of the night....exciting!

No comments: