Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Boiled In Oil--A Psychotic Thought of the Day

No, that's not a cutesy play on words or something. This post really is about boiling people in oil. I thought I'd just be up front about it so that you can choose whether this subject will disturb you or not. But come on, I know you can't resist seeing what I could possibly have to say about boiling people in oil. All my links included will be safe, I'm not going to link to any really disturbing boiling in oil informational sites.

I've been watching the old episodes of the Tudors because Season 4 starts sometime soon (I think...I can't believe this is the final season. There were more Tudors after Henry. Granted Edward didn't do a whole lot. He was only 9 but Mary went crazy and burned a bunch of people and then there was Elizabeth. That could be some good TV, right?), and I need to be reminded of who's still alive and dead and married and not and in favor and not in favor. What church is everybody supposed to believe in at this point? Because it is about Henry VIII, and he was kinda fickle. We haven't even begun season 4 yet and we're already done with 4 wives. Good gracious! (I'd also like to take this point to thank the producers or whoever for straying from historical accuracy and deciding to just put really big costumes on Jonathan Rhys Meyers instead of making him get fat and gross looking.)

Anyway, what was this post about? Oh yes, boiling in oil. Every time I turn on another episode I'm scared it's going to be the one that still disturbs me where a person gets boiled in oil for poisoning a bunch of people. Because it was so disturbing, I continued to think about it. And as i thought about it, I wondered if this was really more trouble than it's worth. It takes forever just to boil a big pot of water to make lasagna noodles in. Can you imagine how long it would take to heat a thing of oil big enough to put a person in? And where would you get a pot big enough? Plus it would be spitting everywhere and heaven forbid a grease fire start. Half of London would be burnt down before you could get enough baking soda to put it out. Let's say it goes ok. You get it all heated up and stick the poor person in. Then what? You have a big pot of oil with a fried person inside. You can't just pour that shit in the Thames. It's not that simple of a thing to dispose of. Unlike burning at the stake where there's just some ashes leftover that you wash off with a hose...errr bucket of water....I'm a sick sick person.

1 comment:

Jsto said...

Um...so i've been really sleep deprived and though about actually deleting this post, but i didn't. But lack of sleep is why its all over the place.