Saturday, January 09, 2010

X-mas Low Points

As I was at the gym today, preparing to blog about this, I realized that there were some low points that were so low that I couldn't possibly in good conscience blog about them. Surprising, I know....I usually will blog about anything.

1) Being perpetually cold. I was absolutely cold for the entire time I was in Indiana. I would sit in my parent's hot tub for hours at a time to try to warm up with no success. I think I forgot just how cold, South Bend cold was.
2) I went to help volunteer with my mom at the "Christmas shop" at the women's day center where she helps out every Monday. Women can go to the Christmas shop pick out gifts for themselves and their kids. All the gifts were sorted by age and gender, but it was a little pathetic at the things that were sorted as "teenage gifts"...really Pickup Sticks? You think a teenager will like pickup sticks? I ended up moving everything around.
3) The guy at the sno-cone stand at the basketball games recognized me and asked why I haven't been around for a while...BURNED.
4) I was scheduled to be on a 5:30am flight out of South Bend (which could've been a low light in itself), but instead got a phone call the night before telling me it was cancelled...so I got to DRIVE to Pennsylvania with my parents.
5) Because they weren't expecting me to be along and had already packed the car, whenever we turned into a rest area things fell on me in the backseat.
6) The thermostat in my grandmother's house said it was 78 degrees...I'm not exaggerating.
7) I slept on the sofa rather than bother with putting up and taking down the air mattress every day.
8) Urban Meyer....I think I'll quit...no...maybe not...maybe I'll just miss recruiting time and spring practice, cause that time kinda sucks.....I have health problem so I probably shouldn't be coaching...never mind, not that big of a deal..............Well, thank you for just reinforcing my hatred of you Coach Meyer.
9) The unveiling of the Kelly "K" for the 1812 overture...if you missed my facebook post, make an "L" with your thumb and forefinger and then put up your middle finger as well...Voila! K...not only is it awkward, but it doesn't look like a K.
10) My mom demonstrated the Bob Davie "b" and "d", but I guess has never really done it correctly and flicked off the entire basketball arena multiple times while I was trying to pull her hands down. "What? I'm just doing Bob Davie?" My dad's comment "well, no wonder he did so poorly. He had some old lady giving him the middle finger in the stands."
11) I borrowed my mom's UGGS for New Year's Eve...let me repeat that...I borrowed MY MOM'S UGGS for New Year's Eve. I'm not sure what makes this point lower: that I was wearing UGGS or that they were my mom's.
12) My dad slept walked into the bathroom off the family room where I was sleeping and scared the shit out of me. Imagine waking up at 4am with your back to the room and hearing someone come out of your bathroom. Holy Shit!
13) The Santa Clause massacre. My grandmother has a loft above her living room and hangs all the kids stockings off of its balcony. While one child (who will remain nameless), went to get her stocking it slipped and plummeted 12 feet onto a table of Santa Clauses (and about 6 inches from an antique lamp). Luckily my grandmother was out of the room at the time or would've died of a heart attack. One Santa ended up with a fractured leg.
15) This many people at Christmas dinner.

16) My cousin Aubrey pouting during a family picture because someone said her feet smelled (they did smell).
17) I made peanut butter meltaways for my family for Christmas. I had to make two batches because of how many people there was. My mom helped me and in between batches I turned to find her with the entire mixing spoon in her mouth. "Well, I guess I'll have to get another spoon for the second batch." "Oops, sorry." (the oops sorry was said while she still had the whole spoon in her mouth)
18) I dropped one of the tins of meltaways and some of the candy fell out onto the snowy driveway. As I was about to throw them in the trash, two family members (who will remain nameless) snatched them out of my hand, rinsed them off and ate them.
19) Danielle swearing on the phone to me during the end of the PSU game...though that may also be a highlight....the field during that game was also a lowpoint. That field crew should've been embarrassed
20) Amanda 2 and I went to Zimmerman's candy store....it was closed.
21) There was a fire at my grandpa's nursing home while we were there. Employees were running around, alarms were going off, and smoke was filling the hallway. "Abraham Lincoln to Room 354...Abraham Lincoln to 354." All the old people were totally oblivious.
22) My cousin Patrick repeatedly trying to tie my shoelaces together during the Steeler's game.
23) Amanda 1's GPS going off at EVERY EXIT because I was going a different way back to Winston-Salem. The GPS was on Amanda 1's lap and she was asleep.
24) Lack of decent internet
25) Amanda 1 making inappropriate comments to the group of teenagers in front of us at the Sword Swallower Show on New Years Eve...we had to say "Swallow, Damion, swallow" before every trick...you get the idea.
Well, that's Winter Break in a nutshell. Classes begin back on Wednesday. My New Year's resolution is to be more creative so hopefully bloggage will pick up.

No comments: