Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 2: Spring Break...Ohio State Style

As we were heading back to our room the afternoon of Day 2, LT turns to me and says "We're doing spring break undergrad style." She paused for a moment and then added "not just undergrad style...Ohio State undergrad style." I love this quote for two reasons. 1) It somewhat bashes Ohio State...which I completely love. 2) We all know exactly what she means. Whereas doing spring break Notre Dame style probably means doing a service project in some third world country, spring Ohio State involves general debauchery.

We wake up, slightly hungover from the night before (must've been LT's signature drink The "Skip and Go Naked" which did me in..SN: at one point, we learned how to say skip and go naked in Spanish). Luckily a buffet with a bunch of fantastic breakfasty foods, random Mexican food, and a bunch of fruit is just what the doctor ordered. Nothing really exciting happened that morning. We went to the beach. It was really windy and sand was pelting us. For lunch, we went to an Italian restaurant and had this delicious pesto, garlic cheese bread, and a fantastic caprese salad. After lunch, we moved to a spot by the pool where it was a lot less windy. I took my regularly scheduled afternoon nap, read part of a book and then saw this coming towards us.

Except also add a guy with lederhosen and subtract the lady in the visor. Yes, that would be Duffman, a wrestler and a guy wearing some sort of weird hat (frog, maybe?). LT turns to me and says "i hope they don't come over here." Well, before we knew it, the lederhosen guy is lounging on my legs, and LT is trying to explain what a Kindle is to Duffman. They're trying to tell us that they're Italian, German, and Norwegian and pretending to speak the appropriate languages. Turns out their actually Brazilian (told you there were a lot of people from Brazil running around.) Next thing I know the wrestler guy, points to a bruise on my shin, tells me that it's "dangerous around here" and says not to worry that he'll kiss it and make it better. This wasn't a little peck on the leg either. This was like a full on make out session with my shin. He also does a "body shot" off of my shin which is basically one of his friends pouring a drink over my leg, and him lapping it up like a dog. We talk some more. Lederhosen guy tries to make out (unsuccessfully I'll add) with LT and Duffman shows me his tattoo of Sponge Bob drinking a bottle of liquor and smoking a joint. They eventually leave.

We go to the Mexican restuarant for dinner and are seated by some really drunk undergrad girls who repeatedly do shots of tequila. They say things in spanish that really don't make sense ("Mas tequila, mucho por favor gracias senor"), try to get the waiter to do a shot, and try to make out with one of the mariachi band members. The one girl also talks a bunch of crap about marketing because she "worked in PR for a whole year" and so knows everything about everything. I almost throw down with her on marketing knowledge, but decide it wouldn't be worth the trouble. We eat way too much food and do several shots ourselves.

That's my attempt at an artistic post tequila shot picture. While everyone seems to be going to Senor Frogs for a glo party, we decide not to go (a mixture of tiredness, burntness, tummy fullness, and cabbies and blow anxiety), and I fall into a food induced coma.

No comments: