I got this e-mail from Meredith today and asked her if I could mock it for being ridiculous. She said of course. It's a pretty long e-mail, so I'm editing out some of the more serious, thought provoking points. While I enjoy a good theoretical debate on the wage gap or a female president or the miracles of childbirth, this blog is not the place for it. Here we go. My comments are in parenthesis.
- "Your last name stays put (depends on your last name...trust me. I'm looking forward to ditching this name)
- You can wear NO shirt at the water park. (Who says I can't?)
- You don't have to think of which way to turn a nut or bolt. (I'm a girl, not an idiot.)
- Wedding dress $5000, Tux rental $100 (ok, I'll give you that one)
- People never stare at your chest when you're talking to them. (really? Gotta say, if boy's got some nice pecs, I'm looking.)
- One mood all the time. (dude, I know some moody ass boys)
- You know stuff about tanks. (why is this good? Andy did his informational speech on tanks, so I learned some stuff, and I have to say I don't feel like my life has been enriched having known that information.)
- You never have to drive to another gas station because the restroom is just too icky. (In the words of Meredith: "is wanting a clean bathroom such a bad thing? sorry that I don't want to catch some disease that the CDC hasn't identified yet.)
- If someone forgets to invite you, he or she can still be your friend. (wow...wow...this is some commentary about the bitchiness of women.)
- You can open your own jars. (I can open my own jars...thank you very much. I go to body pump.)
- Your underwear is $8.95 for a three pack. (pretty sure I could get underwear in a three pack...I just don't)
- Three pairs of shoes are more than enough. (Why would anyone want this? I would be so unhappy if I only needed three pairs of shoes.)
- You can play with toys all your life. (um...I colored yesterday...this implies that needs to stop at some point?)
- You can 'do' your nails with a pocket knife. (but i like getting my nails done...and having them be pretty colors...and coordinating them with my outfit)
- You have freedom of choice in growing a mustache. (Darling, that's what waxing is for.)
No wonder men are happier than women. (REALLY? REALLY?...Wanna argue that point?)"
There were more than that that I could probably comment on, but I gotta get to bells, so that will be it.