Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My Daily Bus Ride

I'm currently working on gathering pictures for a post about how my mom is the greatest hostess in the world but need to gather a few more pictures for that. Instead, I thought that I'd blog about something that goes through my head nearly EVERY DAY.

I ride the public bus to school. I actually really enjoy it. I get to read and feel generally good about the environment. I live pretty far from campus, so normally when I get on the bus there are plenty of empty seats. As more and more people get on the bus, I'm always torn. I generally don't want people to sit by me because they might crunch up against me and start to infringe on my part of the seat or they might smell like a mix of BO and ethnic food. (SN: this is not a racist comment. Merely a description.) Then there comes a point where as people are filing on and not taking the seat next to me, that I start to feel like the last kid being picked in gym. Why don't they want to sit next to me? Don't they like me?

No comments: