Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Grazie!!

So for those of you that haven't heard the news or heard the news after I was well into the second bottle of wine and didn't really understand most of it, I'm going to Italy in June to present at an academic conference. This IS AWESOME! a) I LOVE Italy and b) I get to beef up my resume in the process (with no out of pocket expense).

But in the process of being super excited, I mistakenly got on the wrong bus on the way home from school. I need to take a 3A home and got on a 3B (possibly? I'm not even really sure.) Anyway, I'm reading and possibly checking e-mail when the bus turns off the normal route and I'm like "oh, crap, what the f*** did I do? So I ding the bell immediately, not knowing exactly where I'm going or more importantly how far the next stop is. Luckily it's not that far, but the bus driver looks at me suspiciously as I get off in the middle of like a bunch of warehouses obviously knowing I'm far from home. The original plan was to get on a bus going the other way, but seeing as I was less than a mile from home, it was 38 degrees out (which is considered "warm"), and I had no idea how long it would be until the next bus would come by. So that was fun.

No comments: