Sunday, December 11, 2011

Thoughts on Home Alone

Maybe the doctoral program has put my brain on overdrive, but I over analyze everything I watch on TV now. Last night I decided to watch Home Alone, so here are 10 random observations from the movie.

1) Have you noticed the product placement in that movie? Pepsi, American Airlines, Budget Rental Car, Tic Tac. Just to name a few. Seriously there are branded products everywhere. Guess they were hoping Home Alone would do for Pepsi what ET did for Reese's Pieces.
2) You realize it's all Heather's fault, right? If she hadn't done such a half-assed job counting all the kids and mistaking the neighbor kid for Kevin none of this drama would've ever happened. I hope you feel like shit, Heather.
3) Where is child protective services? Seriously, there never would've been a Home Alone 2.
4) They think the old man is the "South Bend Shovel Slayer." Shout out to the Bend!!
5) He puts ONE nail on ONE step and that just happens to be where he steps. Really?
6) And since we're picking apart the booby trapping of the house, how convenient that the burglar happens to go through the open window with the sharp ornaments under it after he had to take his shoes off so that he doesn't just go stomping over the ornaments in shoes unscathed.
7) The dad forgets to close the garage door when they leave. Why the hell was the garage door open in the first place?
8) Kevin asks the people at the drugstore if the toothbrush is approved by the American Dental Association and the clerk says "I don't know. It doesn't say." Well, if it doesn't say then obviously, it's not.
9) Why does he talk to himself so much? I mean I talk to myself, but it's usually to tell myself that I'm an idiot. He like narrates what he's doing.
10) Why do they have a dog door?

No comments: